IMPORTANT: WAWOP APPLICATIONS REOPENED FOR FOLLOWING INSTRUMENTS UNTIL FILLED: oboes, tenor and bari saxophone, horns, trumpets, percussion
WAWOP 2018 PACKAGES:
NOTE: These rates and options are specifically for WAWOP participants and families/partners. There is 100 Euro discount to the per person rate for non-WAWOP participating partners/spouses.
ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- 7 nights (8-15 July, 2018) Hotel accommodation including meal plan (excludes drinks/alcohol)
7 x Breakfast at your hotel
6 x Lunch at Sporthotel Royer from Sunday to Saturday (9-15 July, 2018)
6 x Dinner at Sporthotel Royer on Sunday and from Tuesday to Saturday (8-14 July, 2018)
1 x typical Austrian Dinner at Waldhäuslalm on Monday (9 July, 2018)
- Local tourism tax of EUR 1.50 per person and night
- WAWOP Program Fee (includes Mid Europe 2018 Registration – access to all concerts, the exhibition, a program book, as well as the Eispalast at the Dachstein, and other expenses for WAWOP)
- Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card for attraction discounts and daily lift ride (http://www.sommercard.info/en)
- Organized trips to Dachstein glacier experience http://www.derdachstein.at
- a WAWOP T-Shirt
- a CD from our Saturday performance
CHOOSE YOUR WAWOP ACCOMODATION PACKAGE (all packages include above)
**** Superior – www.royer.at (special rate for WAWOP 2018)
- EUR 1.090,00 price per person in a double or larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival – cost for additional (July 7) night: EUR 74,00 per person incl. breakfast only
- EUR 1.195,00 price per person in a single room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival cost for additional (July 7) night: EUR 89,00 per person incl. breakfast only
The Sporthotel Royer is situated next to the Congress Schladming, the concert venue for Mid Europe. Group meals and many rehearsals will be in the Royer hotel or the Congress. The hotel offers a wide range of sport facilities, including an underground entrance to the public swimming pool (free of charge for all hotel guests). The hotel also offers great service and a cozy atmosphere. Feel like “royalty” at the 4-star Superior Sporthotel Royer.
TUI BLUE PULSE hotel
*** Excellent – www.aqi-hotel.com
- EUR 1.077,00 price per person in a double or larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival cost for additional (July 7) night: EUR 67,00 per person incl. breakfast only
- EUR 1.231,00 price per person in a single room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival – cost for additional (July 7) night: EUR 89,00 per person incl. breakfast only
TUI BLUE PULSE Hotel is situated next to the Planai cable car station, a short three-minute walk from the Royer (group meals, some rehearsals) and Congress Schladming, Mid Europe’s concert venue. The hotel concentrates on the essentials: modern, functional furnishings, clear lines in design and clearly-defined demands of quality.
“Austrian Pension” Hotel or Bed & Breakfast
Specific options will be provided and confirmed with Tanja Schweiger: email@example.com
- starting at EUR 861,00 price per person in a double or larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- cost for additional night by request only
- starting at EUR 931,00 price per person in a single room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- cost for additional night by request only
Traditional Austrian accommodation and hospitality at a lower cost with basic amenities. Walking distance (15 min or less) to group meals and rehearsals. The term “Pension” typically refers to private accommodation, of which there are plenty in Austria. They usually offer room and breakfast arrangements only and are normally run by families. There is some degree of variation between Pensions, they range from rooms on traditional farms to small hotel-like companies. Most people who are after Pensionen, however, prefer them for the personal touch of staying in a family-run place similar to B&Bs in Great Britain or the US.
PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Booking their own travel to and from Schladming
Flight tips: Look at flight options into Munich (MUC), Salzburg (SZG) or Vienna (VIE).
You can reach Schladming via train from Munich, Salzburg and Vienna.
From Munich airport: take DIE BAHN: https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/
From Salzburg airport: Take the public bus to the Salzburg main railway station. From there you will take the train – OEBB: http://www.oebb.at/en/
From Vienna airport: Book your train ticket through OEBB: http://www.oebb.at/en/
We have a new train system that collaborates with a bus service and offers very affordable tickets to Salzburg via bus from Munich Airport: https://westbahn.at/en/offers/westbahn-offers/flixbus/from/621/to/8/
Another convenient option is SMS – Salzburger Mietwagenservice from Munich airport to your hotel in Schladming. It is basically a mini van that takes up to 10 people but may have additional stops on route to Schladming : http://www.flughafentransfer.at/index_e.php
ORGANIZED SHUTTLE BUS: If there is interest we will be happy to organize a shuttle bus (50 seats) from Munich airport to Schladming on July 8, 2018 (perhaps July 7, 2018 for early arrivals) and from Schladming back to Munich airport on July 15, 2018. More details on the application form.
We do not recommend buying Eurorail or Interrail tickets – they are usually very expensive. You can buy the train tickets directly at the counter in Munich from DIE BAHN or in Salzburg / Vienna from OEBB.
WAWOP PACKAGE BOOKING
- Booking is handled by the Tourist Office Schladming. Your contact person is Tanja Schweiger. Rates are only valid by booking through Tanja Schweiger at the Tourism Office Schladming.
- The packages are available until December 22, 2017.
- Please specify your request regarding single rooms and significant others, children, etc.
- Tanja Schweiger, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +43 (0)3687 22 777 15
- Tourist office Schladming, Rohrmoosstraße 234, 8970 Schladming, schladming.com
In a case of cancellation the cancellation terms of the Austrian hotel association apply:
- 3 months before arrival: free cancellation
- 1 month before arrival: 60 % of total price will be refunded
- 1 week before arrival: 30 % of total price will be refunded
- 7 days or less before arrival: 10 % of total price will be refunded
If you are interested in protecting yourself with travel insurance please visit: http://www.europaeische.at/en