WAWOP 2019 PACKAGES:
NOTE: These rates and options are specifically for WAWOP participants and families/partners. There is 100 Euro discount to the per person rate for non-WAWOP participating partners/spouses.
ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- 7 nights (July 7-14, 2019) Hotel accommodation including meal plan (excludes alcohol/drinks/sodas)
7 x Breakfast at your hotel
6 x Lunch at Sporthotel Royer from Sunday to Saturday (July 8-13, 2019)
6 x Dinner at Sporthotel Royer on Sunday and from
Tuesday to Saturday (July 9-13, 2019)
1 x typical Austrian Dinner at Waldhäuslalm on Monday (July 8, 2019)
- Local tourism tax of EUR 1.50 per person and night
- WAWOP Program Fee (includes Mid Europe 2019 Registration – access to all concerts and performances/events associated with Mid Europe 2019, a program book and other expenses for WAWOP including guest conductors/composers, sheet music, and more)
- Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card for attraction discounts and daily lift ride (http://www.sommercard.info/en)
- Organized Austrian Style Summer Curling (see pictures on the wawop.org website)
- a WAWOP Polo Shirt
- mp3 recording from our Saturday performance
CHOOSE YOUR WAWOP ACCOMMODATION PACKAGE (all packages include above)
OPTION 1: Sporthotel Royer
**** Superior – www.royer.at(special rate for WAWOP 2019)
- EUR 1.116,50 price per personin a doubleor larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival – cost for additional (July 6) night: EUR 75,50 per person incl. breakfast only
- EUR 1.221,50 price per personin a singleroom (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival cost for additional (July 6) night: EUR 90,50 per person incl. breakfast only
The Sporthotel Royer is situated next to the Congress Schladming, the concert venue for Mid Europe. Group meals and many rehearsals will be in the Royer hotel or the Congress. The hotel offers a wide range of sport facilities, including an underground entrance to the public swimming pool (free of charge for all hotel guests). The hotel also offers great service and a cozy atmosphere. Feel like “royalty” at the 4-star Superior Sporthotel Royer.
OPTION 2: TUI BLUE PULSE hotel
*** Excellent – www.aqi-hotel.com
- EUR 1.103,50 priceper personin a double or larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival cost for additional (July 6) night: EUR 68,50 per person incl. breakfast only
- EUR 1.257,50 price per personin a singleroom (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- Early arrival – cost for additional (July 6) night: EUR 90,50 per person incl. breakfast only
TUI BLUE PULSE Hotelis situated next to the Planai cable car station, a short three-minute walk from the Royer (group meals, some rehearsals) and Congress Schladming, Mid Europe’s concert venue. The hotel concentrates on the essentials: modern, functional furnishings, clear lines in design and clearly-defined demands of quality.
OPTION 3: “Austrian Pension” Hotel or Bed & Breakfast
Specific options will be provided and confirmed with Tanja Schweiger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- starting at EUR 939,00 price per personin a doubleor larger room (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- cost for additional night by request only
- starting at EUR 974,00 price per personin a singleroom (- EUR 100.00 Euro for non-WAWOP spouses/partners)
- cost for additional night by request only
Traditional Austrian accommodation and hospitality at a lower cost with basic amenities. Walking distance (15 min or less) to group meals and rehearsals. The term “Pension” typically refers to private accommodation, of which there are plenty in Austria. They usually offer room and breakfast arrangements only and are normally run by families. There is some degree of variation between Pensions, they range from rooms on traditional farms to small hotel-like companies. Most people who are after Pensionen, however, prefer them for the personal touch of staying in a family-run place similar to B&Bs in Great Britain or the US.
PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Booking their own travel to and from Schladming
Flight tips: Look at flight options into Munich (MUC), Salzburg (SZG) or Vienna (VIE).
You can reach Schladming via train from Munich, Salzburg and Vienna.
From Munich airport: take DIE BAHN: https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/
From Salzburg airport: Take the public bus to the Salzburg main railway station. From there you will take the train – OEBB: http://www.oebb.at/en/
From Vienna airport: Book your train ticket through OEBB: http://www.oebb.at/en/
We have a new train system that collaborates with a bus service and offers very affordable tickets to Salzburg via bus from Munich Airport: https://westbahn.at/en/offers/westbahn-offers/flixbus/from/621/to/8/
Another convenient option is SMS – Salzburger Mietwagenservice from Munich airport to your hotel in Schladming. It is basically a mini van that takes up to 10 people but may have additional stops on route to Schladming: http://www.flughafentransfer.at/index_e.php
ORGANIZED SHUTTLE BUS: If there is interest we will be happy to organize a shuttle bus (50 seats) from Munich airport to Schladming on July 7, 2019 (perhaps July 6, 2019 for early arrivals) and from Schladming back to Munich airport on July 14, 2019. More details on the application form.
We recommend buying train tickets from https://bahn.de or oebb.at or http://westbahn.at You can also purchase train tickets directly at the counter in Munich from DIE BAHN or in Salzburg / Vienna from OEBB.
WAWOP PACKAGE BOOKING
- Booking is handled by the Tourist Office Schladming. Your contact person is Tanja Schweiger. Rates are only valid by booking through Tanja Schweiger at the Tourism Office Schladming.
- The packages are available until December 22, 2018.
- Please specify your request regarding single rooms and significant others, children, etc.
- Tanja Schweiger, email@example.com, phone +43 (0)3687 22 777 15
- Tourist office Schladming, Rohrmoosstraße 234, 8970 Schladming, schladming.com
In a case of cancellation the cancellation terms of the Austrian hotel association apply:
- 3 months before arrival: free cancellation
- 1 monthbefore arrival: 60 %of total price will be refunded
- 1 weekbefore arrival: 30 %of total price will be refunded
- 7 days or less beforearrival: 10 %of total price will be refunded
If you are interested in protecting yourself with travel insurance please visit: http://www.europaeische.at/en